Here are nine little thoughts that may help us get through the coming year. Some may be easier to accomplish than others but they are all aspirational. The last two may be the most important and easiest to accomplish.
• Resolve to review spending and cut by 9% where possible.
• Resolve to increase savings by 9% where possible.
• If you need to have a PhD to understand an investment concept avoid the investment.
• If you have been meaning to get a Will or update an existing one and haven’t in five years then do it now.
• While we all try to economize let’s not forget those who have less.
• Waste not, want not. A cliché? Maybe but we realized last year how expensive commodities can become.
• Make sure that you and your family know where all the assets are. Keep an account list or updated financial plan in a safe accessible place.
• Respect and love your family
• Count your blessings. I know that I do every single day.